Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Money Well Spent~

Law school admissions is an important process.

Many many many (including me) are willing to spend good money to enhance their chances of being admitted.

If you are going to spend your good/hard-earned money, it's nice to know that you are getting the BEST for your bucks~

Here are two books I highly recommend:

The Ivey Guide to Law School Admissions: Straight Advice on Essays, Resumes, Interviews, and More. By Anna Ivey

How to Get Into the Top Law School By Richard Montauk


Anna Ivey's book, like Strunk and White's Elements of Style, is a must have when writing your personal statement, drafting your resume and prepping for law school admissions in general. As the former Dean of Admissions at the University of Chicago Law School, she has so much insight into the process. Just when you think you've heard all there is to hear about law school admissions (and trust me, I've heard quite a bit), Anna Ivey offers at least a dozen more invaluable advice that could easily make or break your chances. Check-out her website: www.annaivey.com. In my opinion, she offers one-on-one consulting that is absolutely second-to-none.

Richard Montauk's books is the mini-encyclopedia of guide to law school admissions. Perhaps my favorite aspect of his book is the quotes he managed to get from the various Deans of Admissions at the top law schools - it's quite eye-opening to hear directly the opinions of the people who will be reading your application. I think Richard Montauk also offers one-on-one consulting. I'm afraid I don't have his website (sorry).

1 Comments:

At 7:48 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

In addition to spending good money, you probably also want to check out the wealth of free stuff out there. I maintain a portal that aggregates the best LSAT resources on the internet at www.comprehensivecolumbia.com

Check it out!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home