Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Mac or PC

I've begun contemplating what type of laptop I ought to purchase for law school.

Eversince I was 8, I've been using a PC. Normally, I relentlessly bash Mac users. But lately, I'm being swayed. Macs, for lack of better words, are sexy. They look so slick and I love the fact that they are virus proof.

3 months ago I was convinced that I would buy a Mac for law school. However, I've been hearing that most law schools don't allow Macs during exams - bummer!

In anycase, I'm bouncing back and forth between the Mac Book Pro and the Lenovo ThinkPad T60 (both of which come very highly recommended by current law students).

If you have any thoughts, feel free to comment.

2 Comments:

At 12:32 AM , Blogger Paragon2Pieces said...

At UT we use ExamSoft to take exams. Macs are allowed. Macs abound (in my section, at least). Although the Mac users had to endure some hiccups during the exam period (the Mac version of ExamSoft had some problems) nothing catastrophic happened.

 
At 2:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

David,

Don't know if you've seen the site or not, but there's a good bit of Mac info by and for law students here: Mac Law Students.

Cheers,
Erik

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home