Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Law school evacuation?!?

I'm about to leave for China. This morning, as I am packing, I read a spine chilling article on the avion influenza. And again, I was remined of the impending "doom" to come.

Eversince last year, while I was in China, I have been monitoring news on this disease. So far it ain't a major problem. However, it should scare us to know that leading health officials at the World Health Organization as well as the Center for Disease Control and Prevention aren't asking "if," but rather asking "when" the pandemic hits.

I was told that once the H5N1 virus becomes transmittable from human-to-human it will only be a matter of 2-3 weeks before it hits the entire world (no amount of border closing will prevent it from happening). They expect people to die in the millions from this virus, especially those who are between 20-40 years-old (H5N1 uses your immune system to attack your body, so the stronger your immune system, the more you are prone to danger). Scary...huh?

Colleges are preparing evacuation plans. I wonder if law schools are doing the same.

I feel like I'm in some sort of a bio-hazard movie (Resident Evil).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home