Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Wine Mess

Last night at the Paul Hastings building in L.A. the University of Chicago Law School hosted a wine mess for admitted students. Ugh, I LOVED it!

I don't know what they put in those quesadillas, but it was good.

It was nice to speak with alumni, prospective classmates, and school representatives over a glass of wine and fine food (Yes, yes! For me quesadillas can be fine food). I learned a lot about the varied employment options available to graduates. It was also nice to be able to fling questions without being concerned about making the wrong impressions. The environment was very laid back and surprisingly fun. I never imagined standing around holding a glass of wine could be so much fun.

Paul Hastings is a beautiful law firm. I've visited three big L.A. law firms, and thus far, Paul Hastings takes the prize for best aesthetic taste. Everything was translucent white, kinda like an iPod or Mac-Apple store. The one-man couches in the lobby were very futuristic and comfortable. A partner at the law firm freely gave us a tour around the firm, during which I noticed that associates' offices are very spacious and decorated with nice furniture.

Beyond these superficial observations, I noticed that the partner-associate interaction was quite natural and, from what I could gather, frequent.

All in all, it was a wonderful experience.

3 Comments:

At 6:11 PM , Blogger Paragon2Pieces said...

the Costa Mesa office of PaulHastings is the same way (interior designs by iPod) :)

 
At 6:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

David,

It would seem as though you and I are in somewhat similar situations in that we are both starting law school in the fall. I started blogging just recently in fact, with much the same purpose as you--chronicling the months leading up to law school and the first year (and maybe farther). Anyway, I just thought I'd say I've enjoyed your views/blogs.

Good luck!

Dave

 
At 9:28 AM , Blogger Lise Johnston said...

Oh, did you meet LawFairy? She is a Chicago alumn currently in LA. Also has a good blog.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home