Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Proud

There are days when I'm extremely happy to be an LSAT instructor. Today is one of those days.

Three (the magic number) of my former students called me out of the blue. Below are excerpts from each conversation...

First conversation:
A: David, David! I got into UCLA!
Me: !#$%#$%$!$%!$!#!%!$%

Second conversation:
B: I decided to go to Yale.
Me: !$!%!!$%!$%!$%!$%!$%!%

Third conversation:
C: I'll be in Columbia this fall.
Me: !!$%!%!$!$%!$%!$%!$%!$%!

(FYI, !$!%!$%!$%!^$!$%!$%!$%!$%! = "Oh my goodness! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations! Let's do dinner!" No profanity at all.)

To be honest, there are times (like right now) when I feel that I'm not doing a good job as an instructor because students are becoming discouraged by their low scores and a few decide not to even show up to class.

But now, I feel that today is definitely a good day!

For those studying for the June LSAT, I want you to know that the above three students started out exactly where you are - stressed and discouraged yet hopeful.

2 Comments:

At 5:34 PM , Blogger Paragon2Pieces said...

yeah, it's that time of the year isn't it... should i change my test date? should i cancel? should i pay you to take the LSAT on my behalf (okay, i only got asked the last one once... but it's prime time for these other questions).

 
At 1:40 PM , Blogger waiting-to-exhale said...

Nice post! Thanks for the lift! It was much needed!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home