Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Counting Blessings

I returned to California at around 4:30 a.m. yesterday. My lil' brother graduated from college and I did not want to miss it for the world. His graduation, however, overlapped with my buddy's father's funeral. Originally, (before any dates were determined and set in stone) my buddy asked me to be one of six casket bearers. Things didn't quite work out.

When I read books, I love flipping pages and starting new chapters. But more often than not, I hate finishing books...I hate having to end my interaction with the characters that I have grown to adore. I'll never forget how much I hated Leo Tolstoy during those last few pages of "War and Peace." I wanted to know more about the characters' after their "happy ever after" ending. Ugh, and don't even get me started with Plato's "Republic."

Anyhow. A good ending is a good ending. In fact, the momentous events that emerged in the last week will be amongst the many blessings that I will count in the years to follow. I'm glad that my buddy is safe and at peace. I'm glad that my brother finished college with so many great memories. I'm glad that I'm able to stop and think at this point in my life about people.

Thank you for your prayers. Though it is still too soon, I will eventually be sharing your thoughts and prayers with my buddy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home