Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Prayers

Dear All:

Yesterday afternoon, I wrote a post about being happy. Little did I know or expect the tragedy to follow.

In the middle of my LSAT class, I received a call from a close friend, who informed me that another very close friend's father got shot multiple times by two gunmen in Los Angeles. I was shocked; I didn't know how to respond.

I never drove so fast. If pulled over, I had, I thought, a perfectly legitimate excuse to speed. Roads were taped and blocked. Instinctively, I swerved and parked my car. I ran passed the yellow tapes and police officers. Several officers stopped me....but only for a few seconds...I think my eyes told them everything they needed to know.

I won't forget the embrace between my friend (my brother) and I. His shudder, his tears and his agony. I cannot forget the boiling anger that bubbled inside my gut....I wanted shout, punch and cry all at once. The only thought running through my mind was simply this: "Be strong, be strong, be strong..." The only words that came out of my mouth was this: "Be strong, be strong, be strong..."

It's 2:16 a.m.....it's hard to sleep. I want to pray for my friend and his family. I want to ask you all to keep them in your prayers.

3 Comments:

At 2:30 PM , Blogger Lise Johnston said...

Prayers and hopes from Alaska. Not much more I can say. Things like this really make you speechless. Please post an update when you can.

 
At 5:36 PM , Blogger Paragon2Pieces said...

Sending good vibes your way.

 
At 6:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I was in David's class when all this went down. I saw the dismay on David's face when he heard the news. Prayers are with you and your friend's.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home