Wednesday, June 27, 2007

What a night~

There are some nights that are just too precious to forget; rare and unexpected surprises, which I may never taste during my law school tenure. Tonight was such a night.

The night started with me meeting up with two friends for dinner. One friend is a 3rd year medical student from New Orleans and the other is a relatively well-to-do real estate developer. I haven't seen them for nearly 7 years. You can imagine the breadth in our conversation's topic. I always enjoy a good heart-to-heart talk, where minds and spirits meet. It's like a breath of fresh-air.

As all good things must come to an end, I said my farewells to these two, and drove home.

Just when I thought my night was over, I had a sudden urge to call a friend, whom I'm just getting to know. We had one of those conversations that keep two people up all night, giddy in each other's company. The topics of our conversation spanned from religion to family to law school to relationships to muscles to languages to music.......we talked about EVERYTHING. It's been quite a long time since I've stayed up all night reveling in the joy of sharing a simple conversation with another soul. But then again, it's been a while since I've met a worthy friend whom I can share such uplifting conversations with. I genuinely didn't want to hang-up.

But again, as all good things must come to an end, we hung up at around 4:30 a.m.

Funny thing is that I'm not tired right now. I suppose I should be thankful and grateful, since I cannot enjoy such all-nighters while in law school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home