Friday, August 03, 2007

LSAT: Doing what is right

Today I overheard two students in my class chatting over how people have attempted to cheat on the LSAT.

It's amazing the measures some people will take to gain a little "edge" on the test. As I stood there listening to my students, I began to think: isn't it better to spend the time wasted devising a "cheating" method on studying more practice questions? Not to mention the great risk of getting caught.

I keep telling my students that the LSAT is as cheat proof as any test will get. To try and undermine it will require nothing short of Ocean's 11 style planning and execution. And in the end, I just don't think the risk + reward is worth all that effort. If you get caught cheating, you'll NEVER be a lawyer.

Besides, even if you successfully cheat, what kind of lawyer would a cheater make? Definitely not the kind we want in our profession. =)

Anyhow. For anyone out there thinking about cheating for the LSAT, please remember nothing is worth your dignity.

2 Comments:

At 9:45 PM , Blogger Paragon2Pieces said...

every time i hear cheating discussions i give the speech about the moral fitness portion of the bar. that usually nips it in the bud.

 
At 10:16 PM , Blogger Paragon2Pieces said...

whoops, my comment was worthless! the point i meant to make was that it is surprising how many LSAT students haven't heard about the moral/character fitness test.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home